Log in: Kristin Meier
This pretty dish is a great way to eat your vitamins. Full of flavor and nutrition, you can enjoy this as a side or main dish. Enjoy it plain, or serve it over brown rice or quinoa.
Either way, your body and your taste buds will thank you!
- 1 organic yellow beet with greens
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T Gourmet Garden organic chili pepper spice blend
- 3 sun dried tomatoes, chopped and rehydrated in ½ c boiling water
- 1 T liquid Bragg aminos
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- 1 t coriander
- 2 t pepper
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 package of organic tempeh, cubed
- 1 organic yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch organic asparagus, chopped
- 10 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bunches Lacinanto Kale, chopped
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted pine nuts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop off beet greens from beet root and save for sauté.
Wrap beet root in foil and place in roasting pan. Roast for about 45 minutes, until tender. Meanwhile, sauté garlic with chili pepper spice blend, rehydrated sundried tomatoes with ½ cup boiling water, liquid Bragg aminos, cayenne pepper, coriander, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add cubed tempeh and sauté. Add yellow pepper and asparagus, and mushrooms, followed by kale and chopped beet greens. Sauté until tender. Stir in chopped, roasted beets and pine nuts. Serve. Enjoy!