Log in: Kristin Meier
This is a beautifully delicious dish that boasts of flavor, nutrients, and color. Enjoy it as a side, main dish, or as a topping for a salad.
- ½ T Dijon mustard (regular works too it in a pinch)
- ½ T balsamic vinegar
- ½ T agave
- 2 T garlic, divided
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 swishes olive oil, divided
- 2 t ground black pepper, divided
- 6 medium beets, peeled and sliced
- 6 apples, cored and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 fennel plant (end removed), finely chopped
- 1 bunch rainbow chard
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, mix together mustard, balsamic vinegar, 1 T garlic, agave, apple cider vinegar, 1 swish olive oil, and 1 t pepper. Use mixture to coat beets, apples, fennel, and celery, then arrange evenly in large roasting pan. Bake for about one hour, stirring once. Coat cast iron skillet with 1 swish olive oil. Sauté garlic with 1 t pepper and rainbow chard. Top rainbow chard with roasted beet mixture. Enjoy!