Log in: Kristin Meier
GreenB.E.A.N came today and delivered all the fixins for dinner: baby bok choy, leeks, broccoli, snow peas, mushrooms, tofu, and Earthbound Farms squeezable garlic paste and ginger paste.
Rather than try to cram it all in the refrigerator, I got out my cast iron skillet and made a delicious and nutritious stir fry with an Asian flare. I must say, this recipe rocks! Enjoy!
- 2 swishes extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 4 T fresh garlic, minced (divided)
- 2 T fresh ginger, grated or minced (divided)
- 1 package organic tofu, extra-firm, drained and cubed
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 leek, quartered and finely chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 bunches of baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped (save juice to add to sauté)
- ½ cup peanuts (cashews or slivered almonds would also be great!)
- 2 T sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
In cast iron skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic, ginger, and tofu in olive oil until lightly browned. Set aside. Steam broccoli (I microwaved for 3 minutes until tender). Sauté additional garlic and ginger with leeks and carrots. Add snow peas, bok choy, mushrooms, pineapple, peanuts, and Bragg’s liquid aminos. Add sautéed tofu and steamed broccoli and mix carefully. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Inspiration: Mixed Medley Stir Fry