Hearty Pumpkin Soup
- 2 pie pumpkins
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 t tumeric
- 2 t Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1-2 c Water
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 can Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cut pumpkins in half, remove seeds, and place on cookie sheet with skin side down. Roast pumpkin halves for about an hour, until tender. Cool.
2. Sauté carrots, onion, and celery.
3. Remove pumpkin flesh and simmer in pot with coconut milk, curry paste, and turmeric. Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender, then add water to make it desired consistency. Bring to simmer again and add additional spice if desired.
4. Add sauted vegetables and beans to pumpkin soup.
5. Serve warm. Enjoy.
Created by Kristin Meier